Please note the revised dates:
Registration - World Congress on Root & Tuber Crops, Nanning, China, 18-22 January 2016
The ISTRC in partnership with the Global Cassava Partnership for the 21st Century will host the World Congress on Root and Tuber Crops in Nanning, Guangxi, China, 18-22 January 2016. This is a high profile event.
Please register at http://www.gcp21.org/wcrtc/index.html
The President of the ISTRC, Dr Keith Tomlins, Professor of Food Science at the Natural Resources Institute, University of Greenwich, has been invited by the President and Members of Indian Society for Root Crops & Director and Staff of Central Tuber Crops Research Institute to deliver the Fifth H.H. SREE VISAKHAM THIRUNAL Endowment Lecture on the topic "Let them eat root and tuber crops: Is consumer acceptance important?"
This will be held at the Millennium Hall, Central Tuber Crops Research Institute, Sreekariyam, Thiruvananthapuram, India on Saturday May 17 2014
Applications invited for new position at the International Potato Centre, Kampala, Uganda regarding a Value Chain/Post-harvest Specialist (Ref.: 13-66 VCS/IRS/SSA). Application deadline is January 2014
More information can be found at this link - http://cipotato.org/about-cip/jobs/open-positions/value-chain-post-harvest-specialist-ref.-13-66-vcs-irs-ssa
Enquires should be made to CIP via the link and not to the ISTRC.
The ISTRC in partnership with the Global Cassava Partnership for the 21st Century will host the World Congress on Root and Tuber Crops in Nanning, Guangxi, China Oct 5-10, 2015. Further announcements will follow so please do visit this page again for updates.
Country: Accra, Ghana
Theme: Competitiveness of Root Crops for Accelerating Africa's Economic Growth;
Dates: 30 September to 5 October, 2013
Further announcement will follow in the new year.
We wish you all merry Xmas and prosperous New Year.
Prof. L. O. Sanni
Professor of Food Science & Technology
Department of Food Science & Technology
Federal University of Agriculture,
Abeokuta, PMB 2240, 110001,
Ogun State, Nigeria
The first global conference on yams (Dioscorea spp.) will explore the recent innovations on yam
- National Root Crops Research Institute, Umudike, Nigeria, http://www.nrcri.gov.ng
- International Institute of Tropical Institutions (IITA), Ibadan, Nigeria http://www.iita.org
- Raw Materials Research and Development Council, RMRDC, Abuja, Nigeria http://rmrdc.gov.ng
- Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi, Nigeria, http://fiiro-ng.org
- Nigerian Stored Products Research Institute, Ilorin, Nigeria, http://nspriilorin.com
- National Centre for Agricultural Mechanisation, Ilorin, Nigeria, http://ncam.gov.ng
- National Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, Abuja, Nigeria http://www.nafdacnigeria.org
- Federal College of Agriculture, Akure, Nigeria, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federal-College-of-Agriculture-Akure/109730199056516
- Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology, NIFST, Nigeria, http://www.nifst.org
- Farm Management Association of Nigeria, http://famannigeria.multiply.com
- Ekha Agro Industries, http://www.ekhaagro.com
- Matna Starch, Akure, Nigeria, http://www.matnafoods.com/clients.html
- Thai Farm International, Ososa, Nigeria, http://www.tfinigeria.com/
- Ogun State Cassava Revolution
- New Nigerian Foundation, VI, Lagos, Nigeria, http://www.nnfng.org
- Farms and Infrastructure Foundation, Abuja, http://www.fifng.org/
- SLiden Africa, Abeokuta, Nigeria, http://slidenafrica.multiply.com
Venue: University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (UNAAB), Ogun State, Nigeria
Date: Sunday 23rd – Friday 28th September 2012
The Roots and Tubers of Development and Climate Change-Tropical roots and tuber crops are essential to meeting global food security needs, improving staple foods of world's poor and creating new opportunities in global food supply.
ISTRC 14th Symposium to be held in India in November 2006
The 9th Triennial Symposium of the International Society for Tropical Root Crops - Africa Branch on Root and Tuber Crops - is to be held 31 October to 5 November 2004
MARDI (Malaysian Agricultural Research & Development Institute) and ISHS (International Society for Horticultural Science) are jointly organizing the above Symposium on
Page 1 of 2